Home » Posts tagged 夜上海官网

Guatemalan security forces capture gang members carrying improvised bombs

first_imgJust outside of Guatemala City, a man and a woman allegedly carrying improvised explosives were arrested August 27 by investigators from the Department of Crimes against Life, of the Specialized Division of Criminal Investigation. Both suspects were carrying cellphones which had been rigged to donate improvised bombs, as well as instructions on how to make such weapons. By Dialogo November 06, 2014 Conde, 38, is an alleged hitman and leader of the Pequeños Sicarios faction of the Barrio 18 gang. Since 1999, police have arrested him for 11 offenses, including aggravated robbery, death threats, and carrying explosive devices, according to Pablo Castillo, spokesman for the National Civil Police. The PNC suspects that he has carried out multiple attacks in Guatemala City against businesses, delivery trucks, and civilians. Barrio 18 and other gangs, such as Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) often use the threat of improvised bombs to commit extortion against bus drivers, business owners, and individuals. During the arrest, police seized two other cellphones that La Serpiente and Jordan were carrying. The devices held incriminating video and photos of the suspects killing two women the day before they were captured. Gangs use explosives to commit extortion “The authorities cannot allow these criminal groups to have those capabilities because it would be a danger to society,” said Sandino Asturias, director of the Center of Guatemalan Studies. “The authorities are using criminal investigation and specialized systems to dismantle the gang’s structures.” Barrio 18 and other gangs, such as Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) often use the threat of improvised bombs to commit extortion against bus drivers, business owners, and individuals. The arrests of the alleged Barrio 18 members demonstrate that Guatemalan security forces are cracking down on criminal groups which used improvised bombs. The threat of gang members with explosives Just outside of Guatemala City, a man and a woman allegedly carrying improvised explosives were arrested August 27 by investigators from the Department of Crimes against Life, of the Specialized Division of Criminal Investigation. Both suspects were carrying cellphones which had been rigged to donate improvised bombs, as well as instructions on how to make such weapons. The Ministry of Government identified the two suspects as Yesenia Sofía del Águila Hernández, 26, also known as “La Serpiente,” and Luis Alejandro Morataya Sicaja, 23, who also uses the name “Jordan.” They both allegedly belong to the Vatos Locos faction of the Barrio 18 (M-18) gang, which is also known as 18th Street. “The gangs have found extortion is a good mechanism to finance their activities, in particular, the extortion of public transportation,” Asturias said. “The authorities have acted quickly and have dismantled dozens of gangs dedicated to extortion thanks to the good use of intelligence and police investigation.” During the arrest, police seized two other cellphones that La Serpiente and Jordan were carrying. The devices held incriminating video and photos of the suspects killing two women the day before they were captured. “The authorities cannot allow these criminal groups to have those capabilities because it would be a danger to society,” said Sandino Asturias, director of the Center of Guatemalan Studies. “The authorities are using criminal investigation and specialized systems to dismantle the gang’s structures.” A little more than two weeks before that arrest, agents with the Guatemalan National Civil Police (PNC) — in cooperation with the Army’s Citizenry Security and the Maya Task Force — also arrested Denis Aníbal Conde in northwest Guatemala City. During that operation they also seized a backpack filled with eight ounces of explosives, a shotgun, and two cartridges for an anti-aircraft machine gun. The arrests of the alleged Barrio 18 members demonstrate that Guatemalan security forces are cracking down on criminal groups which used improvised bombs. Guatemalan police are cracking down on gang members who use explosive devices to carry out their criminal schemes. In two separate operations, they captured three alleged gang members who were carrying improvised bombs before the weapons could be detonated. The threat of gang members with explosives For example, in July, police agents captured suspected Barrio 18 members Álvaro Elías Xocoy Alvizures, 20, and José Misael Shin Muyuz, 20, for allegedly threatening a shopkeeper with a grenade. The two were arrested less than three weeks after a grenade attack, against a water truck, killed one woman and injured 11 people; police captured four alleged gang members — three minors and one adult — in connection with the attack. A little more than two weeks before that arrest, agents with the Guatemalan National Civil Police (PNC) — in cooperation with the Army’s Citizenry Security and the Maya Task Force — also arrested Denis Aníbal Conde in northwest Guatemala City. During that operation they also seized a backpack filled with eight ounces of explosives, a shotgun, and two cartridges for an anti-aircraft machine gun. Guatemalan police are cracking down on gang members who use explosive devices to carry out their criminal schemes. In two separate operations, they captured three alleged gang members who were carrying improvised bombs before the weapons could be detonated. Conde, 38, is an alleged hitman and leader of the Pequeños Sicarios faction of the Barrio 18 gang. Since 1999, police have arrested him for 11 offenses, including aggravated robbery, death threats, and carrying explosive devices, according to Pablo Castillo, spokesman for the National Civil Police. The PNC suspects that he has carried out multiple attacks in Guatemala City against businesses, delivery trucks, and civilians. The captures of La Serpiente, Jordan, and Conde are just the most recent in a series of successful operations conducted by security forces this year against gang members in possession of explosives. Gangs use explosives to commit extortion The Ministry of Government identified the two suspects as Yesenia Sofía del Águila Hernández, 26, also known as “La Serpiente,” and Luis Alejandro Morataya Sicaja, 23, who also uses the name “Jordan.” They both allegedly belong to the Vatos Locos faction of the Barrio 18 (M-18) gang, which is also known as 18th Street. “The gangs have found extortion is a good mechanism to finance their activities, in particular, the extortion of public transportation,” Asturias said. “The authorities have acted quickly and have dismantled dozens of gangs dedicated to extortion thanks to the good use of intelligence and police investigation.” The captures of La Serpiente, Jordan, and Conde are just the most recent in a series of successful operations conducted by security forces this year against gang members in possession of explosives. For example, in July, police agents captured suspected Barrio 18 members Álvaro Elías Xocoy Alvizures, 20, and José Misael Shin Muyuz, 20, for allegedly threatening a shopkeeper with a grenade. The two were arrested less than three weeks after a grenade attack, against a water truck, killed one woman and injured 11 people; police captured four alleged gang members — three minors and one adult — in connection with the attack.last_img read more

Continue reading

Sara Duterte denies having role in BARMM selection

first_imgSara on Sunday said several people approachedher for endorsement requests due to rumors circulating that she has been givena hand in the selection of three BARMM posts. MANILA – Presidential daughter and Davao Citymayor Sara Duterte denied influencing the appointment of Bangsamoro AutonomousRegion in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) officials. Murad Ebrahim, the MILF chairman, took hisoath as interim chief minister of the 3-year transition government of the BARMMin February this year./PN Last week, the Department of the Interior andLocal Government said it was mapping out ways to provide technical assistanceto BARMM for its transition. She said she has no influence either in theappointment of other national government positions.center_img Presidential daughter and Davao City mayor Sara Duterte on Sunday denied influencing the appointment of Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao officials amid rumors circulating that she has been given a hand in the selection. INTERAKSYON This came as the Moro Islamic Liberation Front(MILF) signed a landmark pact with the government in 2014 to end a separatistinsurgency. The agreement led to the creation of the Bangsamoro, which wasoverwhelmingly approved in a January voting. “I categorically deny this and wish toreiterate that my authority is only within the area of Davao City as mandatedby the Local Government Code,” Sara added.last_img read more

Continue reading

Belgian forward Eden Hazard joins Real Madrid for Zidane re-build

first_imgShare on: WhatsApp FILE PHOTO: Eden Hazard Madrid, Spain | AFP | Eden Hazard completed his long-awaited move from Chelsea to Real Madrid on Friday and could become the Spanish club’s most expensive signing in their history.Real said Hazard, 28, had signed a five-year contract.His contract at the Premier League club was due to expire next year but the Blues drove a hard bargain for the forward, who will reportedly cost Madrid an initial 100 million euros ($113 million), with another 45 million in potential add-ons.The full amount would trump the 101 million euros Madrid paid Tottenham for Gareth Bale and the 91 million euros they spent to sign Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United.An unveiling at the Santiago Bernabeu is expected next week, once Hazard returns from international duty with Belgium, who play Euro 2020 qualifiers against Kazakhstan on Saturday and Scotland on Tuesday.It means Madrid’s spending spree is picking up pace following the arrivals of defender Eder Militao and striker Luka Jovic from Porto and Eintracht Frankfurt respectively.But Hazard is the gem Zinedine Zidane can build his new team around and brings the kind of stardust Madrid fans have craved ever since the sale of Ronaldo to Juventus last summer.Ronaldo’s departure created a void up front that Madrid failed to fill last season, the team struggling for goals en route to finishing 19 points behind Barcelona in La Liga and crashing out to Ajax in the last 16 of the Champions League.Hazard, who scored 110 goals in seven seasons at Chelsea, will be expected to help plug the gap has long-been admired by Zidane and Madrid president Florentino Perez.“We have wanted to sign Hazard for several years and I hope he will come this year,” Perez told Spanish radio station Onda Cero last month.Less clear is where Hazard will fit into Zidane’s starting line-up. Assuming he plays in his favoured position on the left of a front three, it would mean displacing the 18-year-old Brazilian, Vinicius Junior, who enjoyed a brilliant breakthrough year last season.center_img Chelsea said the club had tried to persuade Hazard to stay.“Although it is with sadness we say goodbye to Eden – and we made it absolutely clear to him the club wished him to stay – we respect the decision he has made to take on a new challenge in a different country and follow his childhood dream of playing for Real Madrid,” Chelsea club director Marina Granovskaia said in a statement.– Bale doubt –Hazard’s arrival also adds more uncertainty around the future of Gareth Bale, who has played both on the left and right of the attacking trio in recent months but is clearly not part of Zidane’s plans.Madrid want to sell Bale to raise money for more signings, with French left-back Ferland Mendy the next player expected to arrive, from Lyon.But the Wales international will not be forced out and has so far shown no interest in the handful of clubs that have shown interest. Neither Bale nor his agent Jonathan Barnett have spoken to the club since the end of the season.Hazard though would do well to match Bale’s record in Madrid as he looks to add to the trophies he won at Chelsea, which included two Premier League and two Europa League titles, as well as one FA Cup and one League Cup.At the end of the 2014-15 season, in which Chelsea won the league, Hazard was awarded both the PFA Players’ Player of the Year and the Premier League Player of the Season. He was named in the PFA Premier League team of the year four times, in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017.If Madrid pay the full amount, Chelsea stand to make a profit of more than 100 million euros, having signed Hazard for close to 40 million euros from Lille in 2012.Chelsea had just won the Champions League when Hazard chose them over several other clubs but they have failed to replicate the success in the competition. After reaching the semi-finals in 2014, Chelsea have not gone past the last 16 in the last five seasons.last_img read more

Continue reading

PBC Supervisor of Elections says Mail-in Ballots are Safe to use for Presidential Election

first_imgThe 2020 Presidential elections are fast approaching with the Florida primary on August 18th. Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections, Wendy Sartory Link told 850WFTL that voting by mail in ballot is simple and safe. She says that you must request the mail-in ballot, which used to be called an absentee ballot, 10 days before the election. You are required to sign the outside envelop and your signature will be compared with your signature on file to prevent voter fraud. Also, as with absentee ballots, you don’t need a reason or excuse to request a mail-in ballot.https://www.850wftl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Absentee-Mail-in-ballots.mp3″One man pleaded guilty after forging 1,200 mail-in ballot applications, resulting in 700 suspected fraudulent votes in a 2017 Dallas election. He was identified after a voter, whose ballot he harvested, snapped a photo of him on her cellphone.” https://t.co/rU3DemHFM2 #FoxNews— Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) May 28, 2020 2020 Primary Election Deadline to register or change party: Monday, July 20, 2020Early Voting: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday, August 3, 2020 – Sunday, August 16, 2020Vote By Mail: Due by 7 p.m., Tuesday, August 18, 2020Election Day: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Tuesday, August 18, 2020During the Primary Election, electors will vote for representatives within their party affiliations. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________2020 General Election Deadline to register: Monday, October 5, 2020Early Voting: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday, October 19, 2020 – Sunday, November 1, 2020Vote By Mail: Due by 7 p.m., Tuesday, November 3, 2020Election Day: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Tuesday, November 3, 2020The General Election ballot will list the candidates for the Presidency and the winning candidates of the August Primary Election.During this election, voters will have the opportunity to vote for a candidate regardless of their party affiliation. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________The deadline to request that a Vote-by-Mail ballot be mailed to you for the August 18, 2020 Primary Election is no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 8, 2020. If you miss the deadline, you can visit one of the SOE offices and they will print a mail ballot for you. Or you can vote in person during Early Voting or on Election Day. Vote-by-mail refers to a ballot received by mail or picked up by or for a voter instead of going to the polls to vote during early voting or election day. any registered voter can vote by mail. you can request a vote-by-mail ballot for a specific election or for all elections through the next two general elections. after two general elections, you’ll need to make the request again.___________________________________________________________________________________________________________REQUESTING YOUR VOTE-BY-MAIL BALLOTA request for a Vote-by-Mail ballot may be made in one of the following ways:Online: Mail Ballot Request ServiceBy Phone: (561) 656-6208By Fax: (561) 656-6230Your Vote-by-Mail ballot may be sent to your legal residence address, permanent mailing address, or a temporary address. When sending a Vote-by-Mail ballot to an address not on file with the Florida Voter Registration System, the request must be in writing and signed by the voter. The online mail ballot request service system will notify you if the address is not already on file and you will be prompted to print, sign and submit your request to our office. Written signed requests may be made by mail, fax (561) 656-6230, or as an attachment to email [email protected] to the full interview with PBC SOE Wendy Link here.https://www.850wftl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Wendy-Link-Interview-6-3-20.mp3last_img read more

Continue reading