Home » Posts tagged 南京会所现况

Regional rapid exchange system for dangerous goods being developed

first_img Share Photo credit; signsmart.com.auBRADES, Montserrat (GIU) — Montserrat is to be a part of a new alert system to notify other Caribbean nations of dangerous goods.Last Wednesday, representatives from government, private sector and non-profit groups met with Ioannis Sidiropolous, an IT Consultant working with the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) to develop the Regional Rapid Exchange System.The system will cover non-food products and Sidiropoulos explained that CARICOM wants to improve the level of consumer protection with regard to the safety of products. The project, which began in May and ends November 15, is to develop the comprehensive framework for the rapid exchange system for dangerous products, a computerised system to track notifications, and a training programme for all participating nations.The consultant said the goal is to create a system that all users are able to work with immediately and by which information can be exchanged quickly between authorities. It covers all non-food products excluding industrial products, consumer services, drugs and tobacco. In November, one person from each member state will participate in a train-the-trainers programme to be able to pass on knowledge of the system to colleagues.The Caribbean model, being called CARREX – CARICOM Rapid Exchange system — is based on the European Rapid Exchange system (RAPEX) which has been in use for more than 30 years.The CARREX Secretariat will function as the central node with 15 national contact points, and the OECS Secretariat as an associated contact point. The 15 national networks will be made up of members from public administration bodies and institutions, economic operators and individual consumers and consumer organisations.According to Sidiropoulos, a product is classified as dangerous when you find out that although it has been manufactured and achieved certification it is proven to cause health or safety problems for consumers.by Nerissa GoldenCaribbean News Now Food & DiningLifestyleLocalNews Regional rapid exchange system for dangerous goods being developed by: – September 20, 2011 Share Sharecenter_img Sharing is caring! Tweet 31 Views   no discussionslast_img read more

Continue reading

Chinese F1 postponed over coronavirus fears

first_img Promoted Content8 Things You Didn’t Know About CoffeeLook Up At The Most Fascinated Ceilings In The WorldWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Who Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?20 Photos Of Kendall Jenner That Force You Love Her Even More7 Reasons It’s Better To Be A VeganCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayTop 10 Tiniest Phones Ever MadeBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty Penny8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth Loading… “All parties will take the appropriate amount of time to study the viability of potential alternative dates later in the year should the situation improve.”That could prove tricky with FIA organising a record-breaking 22 Grand Prix this season, including the Shanghai race.– Important part of calendar –FIA added: “The Chinese Grand Prix has long been an important part of the F1 calendar with many passionate fans. The FIA F1 community looks forward to racing in China as soon as possible and wishes everyone in the country the best during this difficult time.“The global situation regarding this virus will continue to be monitored by the FIA with regard to other motor sport events.”Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff, speaking in London on Monday, said not going to Shanghai would be a “shame”.“We had full grand stands last year,” he said, adding that China was beginning to become a “really important market in terms of fan followership”.Formula One fans attend the China Grand Prix at the Shanghai International Circuit A general view of the spectators stand at the Grand Prix circuit in Shanghai “Not going there would not be great for the fans and ourselves, but health comes first.”Read Also: China’s F1 grand prix hangs in balance over virus fearsChina has been forced to cancel or put off a host of sporting events due to the coronavirus epidemic, from suspending all football in the country to postponing the first badminton tournament of the 2020 world tour season.The world’s most populous country has increasingly become a powerhouse in hosting international sport in recent years, but has had its sporting calendar thrown into chaos.Athletics’ World Indoor Championships, scheduled for Nanjing in March 13-15, have been postponed for a year.The Chinese Formula E Grand Prix, due to take place in Sanya on the southern island of Hainan on March 21, was called off “after close consultation” with government authorities.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 The Shanghai race, the fourth of the new season, becomes the latest – but easily the most high-profile – sports event to fall victim to the virus outbreak which has killed more than 1,100 people in China, where it emerged at the end of last year. The postponement also throws into doubt the inaugural race in Vietnam, which takes place two weeks before but where there have also been cases of COVID-19. “The FIA and @F1 continue to work closely with the teams, promoter, CAMF and local authorities to monitor the situation,” FIA said in relation to the Shanghai postponement. The Chinese Grand Prix scheduled for April 19 has been postponed because of the “continued spread” of the deadly coronavirus, motorsport’s governing body FIA announced Wednesday. FIA said promotors of the Shanghai race had requested a postponement “in view of the continued spread of novel coronavirus”, now named COVID-19. A man wearing a protective face mask walks on an overpass in Shanghai’s Lujiazui financial district as officials announce the postponement of the April 19 Formula One Grand Prix “As a result of continued health concerns and with the @WHO (World Health Organisation) declaring the coronavirus as a global health emergency, the FIA and @F1 Formula 1 have taken these measures in order to ensure the health and safety of the travelling staff, championship participants and fans.”Advertisementlast_img read more

Continue reading

Bianchi Family to Launch Legal Action against FIA, FOM

first_imgThe family of Jules Bianchi is launching a legal action against the sport’s world governing body the FIA, Marussia and Formula One Management following his fatal crash at the 2014 Japanese Grand Prix.Bianchi died on July 17 last year, nine months after he crashed into a recovery vehicle at the rain-soaked Suzuka race. He was the first F1 driver to die as a result of injuries sustained at a race weekend in more than 20 years. The statement released by Stewarts Law read: “The family of Formula One racing driver, Jules Bianchi, has today announced they plan to take legal action in England relating to the fatal head injuries Jules Bianchi sustained in a violent collision with a mobile crane at the Japanese Grand Prix in Suzuka, 2014.“The letters (to the FIA, Marussia and Formula One Group) explain why the Bianchi family feel the actions of one or more of those parties, amongst others, may have contributed to Jules’ fatal accident and invite them to accept that errors were made in the planning, timing, organisation and conduct of the race which took place in dangerous conditions during the typhoon season in Japan.“As a family, we have so many unanswered questions and feel that Jules’ accident and death could have been avoided if a series of mistakes had not been made.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

Continue reading