Home » Posts tagged 北京鸡最多的公寓

Suspect in deadly double shooting near Lantana dies following police chase in North Florida

first_imgThe Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office said 22-year-old Anthony Ashan Stoutt shot and killed the two women at a Lantana home in the 7900 block of Overlook Road.A family member identified the victims by their first names only, Rebeca and Sofia, and said they were sisters, ages 19 and 20.Stoutt was 20-year-old Sofia’s ex-boyfriend. In September of 2019, Rebeca, her 20-year-old sister, filed a restraining order against Stoutt to protect her sister Sofia, who was Stoutt’s ex-girlfriend.She wrote, “I fear for my safety because Anthony has stated he will kill anyone who files a restraining order.”On Wednesday morning, police say, Stoutt fatally shot the sisters at their mother’s home.Stoutt was wanted for two counts of first-degree murder. St. Johns County police spotted him driving south of Jacksonville and tried to pull him over. Stoutt instantly led the police on a chase.During the chase Stoutt tried to avoid stop sticks along I-95 and ended up crashing into a median guard rail.When deputies approached Stoutt’s vehicle, they found him with an apparent life-threatening gunshot wound, according to investigators.Stoutt was flown by medical helicopter to Orange Park Medical Center, where he eventually died from his injuries.The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office has not released the names of the victims.Records obtained by our news partners at WPTV, say Stoutt had a previous arrest history. In 2018 he served 9 months in jail  for battery after assaulting a previous ex-girlfriend at a Boynton Beach restaurant where she worked.The ex-girlfriend said Stoutt attacked her because she had filed a restraining order against him, according to his arrest report. Police say the man responsible for the death of two women at a home near Lantana on Wednesday has died  after he fatally shot himself following a law enforcement chase in North Florida just hours after the killings.UPDATED: Two Sisters Shot Dead in Lantana Domestic Disputelast_img read more

Continue reading

Tallawahs say Dropping Chris Gayle Was Just Business

first_imgResponding to a series of YouTube videos in which the Jamaican accused assistant coach Ramnaresh Sarwan of having a big part to play in the Tallawahs releasing him from the squad, the franchise said it was disappointed by Gayle’s comments. According to Gayle, he agreed to two reductions, even though a three-year contract he had signed with the team in 2019 stated that his pay would be increased each year. However, the self-styled ‘Universe Boss’ said he refused to a third cut, when the request was made on the CPL’s March 31 retention submission deadline, and Miller said he would get back to him but never did. The eighth edition of the CPL is scheduled to take run August 19 to September 26, but organisers are keeping an eye on the COVID-19 pandemic and liaising with medical advisors and governments to determine if play will go ahead. In a scathing attack on Sarwan whom he called a “snake”, the big hitter said his former West Indies teammate was being vindictive because he (Gayle) told him he did not think he was ready to be head coach of the squad. CMC “The ownership and management of the Jamaica Tallawahs was disappointed to see the comments made by Mr Christopher Gayle about his departure from the Tallawahs, as we would much rather have had these discussions in private,” the franchise said in its statement on Wednesday. Gayle, 40, played his first four seasons of the T20 tournament with Tallawahs, which he led to the title in 2013 and 2016, before turning out for St. Kitts and Nevis Patriots in the 2017 and 2018 seasons. He returned to his home franchise last year. KINGSTON, Jamaica – The Jamaica Tallawahs Caribbean Premier League (CPL) franchise on Wednesday insisted that the decision to drop Chris Gayle ahead of the 2020 season was just “business and cricketing reasoning”, contrary to what the T20 specialist has alleged. “The Tallawahs had a very disappointing season in CPL 2019, where the team finished last in the tournament. The ownership and management team has exercised its rights in the selection of players for CPL 2020 for the betterment of the team.” It insisted that Sarwan did not play a role in the decision to part ways with the 40-year-old batting star. Last week, the St. Lucia Zouks announced he was joining the squad for the 2020 CPL. The world’s leading T20 run scorer also charged that management of the franchise was “playing games” with him before his departure. He claimed that the Tallawahs’ CEO Jeff Miller asked him three times to take a pay cut because the franchise was struggling financially. The Kris Persaud-owned franchise also denied Gayle’s claims that his exclusion from the Tallawahs this year was political. “The ownership and management of the Tallawahs have no political affiliation with any political organization in any country of the Caribbean,” it said, adding that it would make no further comment on the matter as it was “focusing on building the team for the future”. “Mr Gayle gave several reasons for the decision that was made not to retain him in the Tallawahs. However, the truth is that this decision was made collectively by the ownership and management team, which did not include Mr Ramnaresh Sarwan, and based purely on business and cricketing reasoning,” it said in a statement. CEO Pete Russell has said that novel social distancing measures could be implemented to ensure the tournament comes off as planned, including playing without international players and using only a few stadiums as venues to mitigate against widespread contact. Gayle said he subsequently found out from people at the CPL that his name was not on the list.last_img read more

Continue reading